One of the best ways to drive traffic to your organization’s website is publishing engaging content. However, actively engaging readers requires a lot of planning.
In this article, we are going to lay out some key ways to develop must-read content for your eCommerce site to get clicks and drive traffic to your business.
Outline Your Post
It’s pretty safe to say every great piece of literature began with preparation. Even the best bloggers in the world need a basic idea of what they’re writing about to keep them on the right track. This is where a short outline will serve you well. All you need is a rough guide to keep you on topic. Let’s say you’re a plumber outlining a blog post on the topic: “Common Fixes for Leaky Faucets.” Your outline would look something like this:
- Empathize with the reader about the problems leaky faucets cause and express your intent to fix them with solutions A, B and C.
- Section 1 – Solution A
- Detail how the problem can be solved using this method.
- Section 2 — Solution B
- Compare this solution to the above method, show how it differs and may be more applicable in the reader’s particular situation.
- Section 3— Solution C
- Compare this solution to the others and describe a situation in which this method would be a better one for the reader.
- Section 4 — Conclusion
- Summarize by repeating your key points.
Keep in mind; content marketing is a great way to drive traffic to your business. While all of the best ecommerce website builders let you incorporate blogs as part of their platforms, you have to come up with compelling material to make it work. To get there, a basic, easy to follow outline will help you keep your post on the rails.