Do you want to your writing to be more memorable?
Forget about crafting beautiful prose. Trim your memos, presentations and e-mails with bullet points.
Benefits of bullets
- Take less time to read
- Allows readers to scan a page
- Makes it easier to dig deeper into important points
- Information is easier to remember
- Quicker to write
Tips for using bullets
- One idea per line
- Keep language neutral
- Just the facts
- Less exaggeration
- Refrain from boasting
- Write as few words as possible
- Short words
- Simple words
Use numbers instead of bullets when…
- Listing items in hierarchical order
- Listing items ranked in order of importance
Of course not everything can be a bullet point. You need to write some parts in long form to keep from sounding too abrupt.
Popular search terms for this article: