One of the most embarrassing moments you can have during a meeting is forgetting the other person’s name, even more so after you’ve already been introduced. With conference calls, it’s especially challenging, because you cannot immediately put a name with a face.
Thankfully, the nature and function of conference calls is advancing, making it possible for business professionals to meet face-to-face virtually, without having to huddle in a conference room.
Aside from preventing the embarrassment of forgetting an important company icon and the claustrophobia that comes from over-crowded conference rooms, online voice and video conferencing sites and services have also revolutionized conference calls and business meetings. No more adhering to company travel requirements and logging mileage!
Here is a list of reliable conference calling solutions that can make hosting business meetings simpler and more convenient.
- Tokbox – Leading globally as the online video communications provider, Tokbox enables “live group” video conversations via online or cellular phone. Even though this simple, conference calling solution can be used to host an annual corporate meeting or bring together a few employees to brainstorm ideas, Tokbox typically recommends 20 to 25 people per video conference call.
- HearMe – specializes in enabling small business owners to conduct online business meetings frugally. Offering a free 14-day trial, HearMe allows users the advantageous features of video, audio and web conferencing.
- ConferenceGroup – Award-winning customer service and in business since 1999, ConferenceGroup offers a suite of solutions across different media. Audio, video and web conferencing solutions geared towards businesses that appreciate a hands-on and professional service.
- SightSpeed – A video and voice calling service brought to you by Logitech Inc., SightSpeed offers users unlimited PC and MAC video and voice calls.Some standard rates do apply; however, reduced rates are available for PC-landline/cell phone calls. One highly-beneficial feature this networking service provides is free video calls for PC users.
- Skype - Recently, Skype released a consumer-convenient advancement to its already communication-savvy system. This new upgrade just so happen to synchronize its release date with Windows 8’s, enhancing the experience. According to CNET Editor’s reviews, the major version update “adds improved integration with Microsoft and Facebook accounts, better messaging, and some minor changes to the user interface.”
- GoToMeeting - is a free conference calling tool that allows you to meet online rather than scrounging the funds to rent a conference room. Offering a free trial of 30 days, rather than the typical free 14-day trial, GoToMeeting allows users to hold as many meetings as they desire, without worrying about overages or hidden charges. Diversifying the online conference call experience, GoToMeeting is compatible for both PC and MAC.
- Chrome Remote Desktop - Powered by the genius’ at Google, this free browser add-on enables access to other user’s computers, the ability exchanging videos, files and music easier. Even though Chrome Remote Desktop was created with the intent to “make you the family hero”, says Google project manager, Stephen Konig, the family-friendly features and digital pros are even beneficial to the business professional. This networking tool has the ability to share music, host a conference call, and also provides a live audio feed (in Windows only).
- TeamViewer8 – Through the use of a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection, TeamViewer8 offers voice calling and enables business professionals to host meetings by viewing data on a colleague’s computer. So, whether business professionals are oceans apart, or just the next cubical over; important documents, presentations and other data stored on a computer, can be viewed or shared. TeamViewer8 has proved itself effective and reliable through its popularity with over 100 million downloads!
- Fuze – Over at Entrepreneur.com, tech columnist, Jonathan Blum, explores the pros and cons of this popular, cost-efficient web conferencing tool.
Clearly, the options for conference calling are legion. Find the right fit for your business, get comfortable with the technology, and get things done!
Popular search terms for this article: