Diversity is a commonly used term in the workplace. We have different jobs, skills, backgrounds, ethnicities and personalities.
Breakfast choices can be just as diverse. Your own diversity, for example, may be that the weekend is the only time you seem to eat breakfast!
During the work week, however, take a look to see what your office mates are eating first thing in the morning. You can actually learn a lot about a colleague from their choice of breakfast. How many breakfast types are there? Let’s have a look at the typical menu:
- Busy Breakfast: Coffee loaded with cream and sugar. Don’t spill any on that power-tie.
- Health Nut: Granola, whole wheat toast, green tea, side of smugness.
- Intern Breakfast: Cheetos, day-old bagel, chased with a Red Bull.
- Scavenger Special: Leftover danishes from the 10am manager’s meeting, communal coffee, side of stolen snack from adjacent neighbor.
- Belt-Buster: Scrambled eggs, bacon, bagel with cream cheese, topped off with a doughnut and an increased health insurance premium.
Can I take your order?