As a WorkAwesome reader, you may have noticed that we love to talk about office life, and we love to find the humor in it. For example, Michelle Burleson’s Taboo but True: Rules of the Loo outlines the bathroom etiquette all the other stuffy career sites were too scared to talk about. (After all, we don’t talk about the process of expelling waste; professionals don’t need to do that.)
That’s why we want your stories, and we’re willing to reward you handsomely for them. Well, at least some of you, and it depends on your definition of handsomely. But we’ll get to that in a moment. Here’s what we want:
- Write about the most embarrassing office incident of your career in 600 words or less.
- Leave the story as a comment on this post, leaving your real name and email address. Your email address will not be publicly viewable, but if you use a fake one, we can’t contact you if you win.
- I’ll spend a good half-day in the office reading funny stories, and my boss won’t be able to do anything about it.
- Then I’ll pick the three funniest, and they’ll win. I’ll publish them in a follow-up post.
- The three winners will be contacted regarding their prize, which is…
File Folders with Attitude from ThinkGeek
Sick of being smirked at by your co-workers since the embarrassing incident you’re about to tell me about? These File Folders with Attitude are perfect for getting back at the world (or at least your co-workers) with some attitude. At least you’ll feel a whole lot tougher.
Best of all, you can put paper in them.
- Employees and contractors of Envato past or present are not allowed to enter.
- I select the winners at my sole discretion and based on how much my belly laugh irritates fellow Envato workers. I’m particularly looking to annoy Skellie. My decision is final.
- Entries close at 9AM on the 17th of November, Australian Eastern Standard Time. If you can’t figure out when that is in your timezone, I suggest using Google. Or going back to school.
- You must be 18 or above to enter. We’ll be sending security teams to the winner’s homes to ensure that you haven’t told a fib about your age.
Go on. Embarrass yourself publicly, and you might be lucky enough to receive $8 worth of cardboard!
Popular search terms for this article: