This week’s guest on the WorkAwesome podcast is Jesse Jacobs, founder of the Samovar Tea Lounge. Jesse also blogs at RealRitual, a website that discusses the power and joy of maintaining rituals in life.
If you’re looking to hear more of Jesse’s backstory, I highly suggest you check out his interview with Dan Benjamin on The Pipeline — as always, Dan does a great job interviewing Jesse. We don’t go into his backstory too deep in our discussion, but focus more on the present. Specifically, how he stays productive, fosters his passions and his suggestions on how others can do the same.
Jesse was kind enough to provide our listeners (and readers) with a 15% discount on all products at samovarlife.com. Just use coupon code drinktea upon checkout. This coupon is good until April 1st, 2011.
- Jesse discusses how he got into the tea business — from working his office job.
- What tools he uses to stay productive and on task.
- Why tea is fast becoming the drink of choice for those who want to stay productive.
- Jesse also outlines his morning routine, which includes getting up at around 3:30 am.
- What someonenew to the tea experience needs to get started with little to no barriers, including teas that are carried at Samovar. (Note: Here’s where that coupon code can come in handy!)
- …and, among other things, Mike and Jesse discuss their fondness for using old-fashioned shaving tools in their grooming ritual. Jesse’s razor of choice is the Cobra Classic. Mike’s is the Merkur 34C “Hefty Classic”.
If you enjoy the podcast, please let us know. Leave us a rating and review in iTunes; it’ll help people find us and build up our listenership. We’re working hard to bring some great guests on — and we’ve already had some great ones — so if you have any suggestions on guests or what you’d like to hear, let us know in the comments.
Subscribe to the podcast
Play in podcast in new window
(Image courtesy of RealRitual.com)
Popular search terms for this article: