This week’s guest on the WorkAwesome podcast is James Shelley. James is a highly-regarded online writer, offering articles on productivity and time management — as well as attention and willpower. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
That said, James is also a storyteller and speaker. He has spoken to high school students about the challenges the world has to offer as well as looking at lifestyles choices and decisions that need to be made. These kind of musings don’t just apply to the youth of today; we all can learn from James’ work online. His work at JamesShelley.net is a great place to start.
- James discusses the differences between doing productive vs. being productive.
- What tools he uses in his workflow — and how he doesn’t use OmniFocus for everything.
- With multiple jobs, how he makes everything “fit”.
- How James works his craft.
- What is the Attention Economy is.
- …and James discusses his drink of choice, music of choice and other tools that he has in play in his daily life.
If you enjoy the podcast, please let us know. Leave us a rating and review in iTunes; it’ll help people find us and build up our listenership. We’ve recently been featured in iTunes’ New & Notable under audio podcasts…and the highly-touted iOS app Instacast has us listed as one of the more popular podcasts going right now. (We’ve even had some of our episodes seen in the HuffDuffer space!) Let us know what we can do to keep improving the podcast — we’d love the feedback!
Subscribe to the podcast
Play in podcast in new window
(Image courtesy of JamesShelley.net)