When I graduated from college just a few short years ago, I was one of the very few out of my immediate circle of friends who secured a job right out of school. Even then, the job market was unstable (especially in my field) so I was extremely thankful for the great opportunity I was given.
The job itself was great: It was a small start-up company, so hours were flexible, there wasn’t a strict dress code, and we even had a ping pong table so we could blow off stress mid-day. Everyday my friends (and even my colleagues) made it a point to remind me how good I had it. “No other job will compare to this,” my well-seasoned co-workers told me.
Even though a part of me knew they were right, for some strange reason, I hated going to work. I’m not quite sure if I was afraid of failure, or that I wasn’t used to getting up early in the morning, or I just felt strange living in a new city without my friends or family, but during my first few months of employment, I’d literally get nauseous getting ready for work each morning.
After dismissing the idea of pregnancy, I realized that the issue was just a combination of loneliness, uncertainty, and unfamiliarity (something that many new graduates experience). I decided to rediscover my motivation and remind myself of why I went to college in the first place: to become successful.
9 Songs to Get You Instantly Motivated for Work
To get myself pumped up in the mornings (similar to how fitness buffs get pumped for a workout) I created a “work” playlist that reminded me how I needed to get motivated to work hard and reach my dreams. I’m sharing this playlist with you today (some slight modifications made throughout the years to keep it remotely current). While truthfully the playlist is swayed more towards women and more of the “urban” genre, there are some good ones for the fellas in there too:
- Rihanna, “Hard”—”Go hard or go home, back to your residence.”
- Drake, “Successful”—”I want the money, money and the cars, cars, the clothes…. I suppose, I just wanna be successful.”
- Wynn Stewart, “Another Day, Another Dollar”—”Another day another dollar. Delight comes I’m on my way. Another day another dollar, working my whole life away.”
- Wiz Khalifa, “Work Hard, Play Hard”—”The bigger the bill, the harder you ball. Well I’m throw in mine, cause my money long.”
- Eminem, “Lose Yourself”—”This opportunity comes once in a life time, yo.”
- Tina Turner, “Works Hard for the Money”—”She works hard for the money so you better treat her right.”
- Mariah Carey, “100 percent”—”My life ain’t defined by limits. I don’t need no permission to live it. I’m a break thru the door til I get in. Everything that I got I’m a give it 100 Percent.”
- Destiny’s Child, “Independent Women Part “—”All the women who are independent, throw your hands up at me. All the honey’s who makin’ money, throw your hands up at me.”
- REM, “Finest Worksong”—”the time to rise has been engaged, You’re better best to rearrange, I’m talking here to me alone, I listen to the finest worksong.”
What other songs would you include in your work playlist to get you motivated for work?
Photo by DepositPhotos.
Popular search terms for this article:
songs to get you motivated, songs that motivate employees, Powered by Article Dashboard motivation, songs about hard work and success, songs about working hard for a goal, songs that motivate you to work, Powered by Article Dashboard home business opportunity uk, songs about working hard in school, songs for motivation at work, Powered by Article Dashboard the shape of me and other stuff